AAUW-WHC WISE Conversations for Change to Plant seeds of Kindness.
Procrastination to Action … Apathy to Empathy through Education
If Jane was here, what question would you ask her? … KIATQ
Dr. Jane Goodall – Primatologist
Equipped with little more than a notebook, binoculars, and her fascination with wildlife, Jane Goodall braved a realm of unknowns to give the world a remarkable window into humankind’s closest living relatives. Through nearly 60 years of groundbreaking work, Dr. Jane Goodall has not only shown us the urgent need to protect chimpanzees from extinction; she has also redefined species conservation to include the needs of local people and the environment. Today she travels the world, speaking about the threats facing chimpanzees and about environmental crises, urging each of us to take action on behalf of all living things and the planet we share. – https://www.ncwit.org/profile/dr-jane-goodall
Conversations with Jane:
Lectures by Jane:
- Extreme Poverty
- Population Growth
If we cannot solve these problems then in 50 years time I am glad I won’t be here.
Looked in the eyes of my grandchildren … so started Roots and Shoots where kids decide what they want to do. Where they say, look what we did. Where communicate ideas. Where lives can be changed. A little bell …
Classroom should be about observation, experimenting and solving problems that the learners own. A crow who has learned to use a resource to solve her problem is a role model for us all.
Local Support Groups:
- Green Houston – Office of Sustainability
- Citizens’ Environmental Coalition
- Keep Houston Beautiful
- Texas Children in Nature – Houston
- Houston Urban Conservation Programs for The Nature Conservancy in Texas (TNC)
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Centers – Harris County
- Urban Harvest – Jim Blackburn Presentation
- Christ the King Creation Care – maintains best list of interfaith environmental programs.
- Shared by Kris The Infinite Monkey Cage–science (a lot of physics) and British humor. What could be better: Panel with Jane Goodall
- What if we sunk in an ocean trench