Jane Goodall

“I went to Africa as a Scientist, I left the jungle as an Activist.”

NCWIT.ORG … ASPIRATIONS.ORG

AAUW-WHC WISE Conversations for Change to Plant seeds of Kindness.

Procrastination to Action …  Apathy to Empathy through Education

If Jane was here, what question would you ask her? … KIATQ

Dr. Jane Goodall – Primatologist

Equipped with little more than a notebook, binoculars, and her fascination with wildlife, Jane Goodall braved a realm of unknowns to give the world a remarkable window into humankind’s closest living relatives. Through nearly 60 years of groundbreaking work, Dr. Jane Goodall has not only shown us the urgent need to protect chimpanzees from extinction; she has also redefined species conservation to include the needs of local people and the environment. Today she travels the world, speaking about the threats facing chimpanzees and about environmental crises, urging each of us to take action on behalf of all living things and the planet we share. – https://www.ncwit.org/profile/dr-jane-goodall

Conversations with Jane:

Change Leadership: A Call for Courageous Action” with Dr. Jane Goodall

TED2020 –“It’s been an amazing journey. This life of mine. This planet has filled me with the wonder of all living things. Great and small.”

Lectures by Jane:

Jane Goodall Teaches Conservation – a Master Class – “I went to Africa as a Scientist, I left the jungle as an Activist.”

Main Problems:

1. Extreme Poverty
  2. Population Growth
  3. Waste

If we cannot solve these problems then in 50 years time I am glad I won’t be here.

Looked in the eyes of my grandchildren … so started Roots and Shoots where kids decide what they want to do. Where they say, look what we did. Where communicate ideas.  Where lives can be changed.  A little bell …

Classroom should be about observation, experimenting and solving problems that the learners own. A crow who has learned to use a resource to solve her problem is a role model for us all.

Green Schools:

Local Support Groups:

MORE:

Please add to our first conversation:  buildagarden.edublogs.org/bees/jane-goodall/zooming-one-sep20/

Next conversation Oct 12th
Another WIS or continue with Jane? What question would you ask her? …