Mia’s Hug and my Pine Tree

Hugs for Arbor Pro in support for taking down my 60+ year old pine tree that was hit by lightning. Decision making was hard … but I made the right one!  They set up safely on schedule. Ernesto was on the job monitoring his workers along with his dog making sure all is ready. Dog lovers add to the trust factor. Angelic in the office was very supportive, even when I panicked and wanted to wait.

Talk about scary … COVID19 is too, but watching what they did was amazing. Tree Climbing, what an art, what a skill. The workers stayed focused for safety. The two trees were connected, so had to take both sides down. One in 3 hours, the other side after lunch, which was provided along with needed rest. Process of decomposing parts of the tree to bring down was fascinating! They also cut down a small dead oak tree bottom up, an amazing idea to tie off and lower the tree to cut it down! The Arbo Pro team was fast, hard working and efficient. Machines helped make the process easier, a reason I chose Arbor Pro … they had equipment.

As a teacher could not help teaching English … simple machines and the word lever …When I mentioned this Ernesto he told the story of helping his workers learn English. Ernesto also told the story of how Arbor Pro helps to reuse wood :))) Thanks for the extra bonus – seats from our tree rolled around to our backyard! The teamwork, coordination, and process along with extras is the reason I am sharing what they did.  And to remember my father who walked through this forest in the 1950’s and blessed our family with nature.

Editing draft II of “No Fear Code” and added this a comment “Like coding this needs to be K-12. In Texas changed standards on when taught, but should be integrated throughout” to this section:

As students explore the scientific world, an excellent way to integrate science and computational thinking is to have them design their own Rube Goldberg Machine. Rube Goldberg was a 1940’s, Pulitzer Prize winning, cartoonist who drew crazy machines to do simple, everyday tasks. These machines demonstrated an understanding of basic simple machines, as well as if…then logic.

NGSS.K-12-Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions

The focus of these simple machines can be found in the Next Generation Science Standards. As students’ knowledge and skills increase, the more complex contraptions they can build from simple machines.To learn more about lesson plans, subject-integrated resources, and contests that your students can enter: https://www.rubegoldberg.com/education/#free-lesson-plans